Underground. The story so far….
- Underground has been running for 6 years, opening in May 2008 as one youth club.
- We now run 2 Youth Clubs a week plus a drop in Youth Cafe session for older youngsters in both King’s Cliffe and Thrapston
- Underground runs a weekly Messy Munchkins play session and organise pre-school activities such as Toddler Yoga and Music Makers
- We also run “Young Detectives” with the Police at the School
- Underground runs a Gardening Club for ages 7+ from March – September in our own dedicated garden
- The Police use Underground as a rural outpost and regularly run drug/alcohol sessions for older young people at youth club.
- We take up to 30 young people away for the weekend every year plus other trips.
- We invite local artist/crafts people to run workshops for all age groups to share their skills and talents plus dance, musical theatre, cookery, music and sports! These are for all young people – not just those who come to youth clubs!
- We hold the lease of the lower floor of the village hall and provide a venue for all kinds of activities, youth agency meetings and birthday parties.
- Underground is the home of the Church Holiday club every August and we deliver our “Pop-Up” rural outreach project to outlying villages every summer holiday alongside a full program of activities.
- 150+ 0-18’s use Underground every week and this number is continually growing
- Underground is a registered Charity.
- Underground works with Schools, Health Services, Police and other agencies plus Parish Councils, community groups, local businesses and Northamptonshire Association of Youth Clubs (NAYC).