Thank you for showing an interest in becoming a volunteer at the Underground Centre.
Volunteers play an important role in the running of Underground and, as such, are hugely valued.
Working alongside children and young people to helping with the smooth running of the Centre behind the scenes. We have roles that we can tailor to your interests or skills.
We appreciate that your time is precious and we will tailor a volunteer role to fit the time that you can give us. Regular commitments are helpful to us but are by no means crucial to volunteering – we will fit in with you!
It is important to us that you also get something back from volunteering at Underground. Alongside the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to make a huge difference in our community, we offer you the following:
- Training opportunities (Safeguarding, First Aid, Youth Skills)
- Full support from the Centre Manager and other volunteers/staff/trustees
- Chances are provided to meet socially with other volunteers
- We can provide references when needed for job applications and UCAS
- Opportunities to become involved in Underground as an organisation and in its development through the Trustee board
Specific Volunteer Roles Currently Available:
Volunteers (over 18) needed for Youth Clubs and Youth Cafes in Oundle and Thrapston.
Opportunities to get involved in art and craft or sports
- From January 2015 – Volunteer (over 18) to run the tuck shop on a Friday night in King’s Cliffe
- From March 2015– Volunteers and Young Leaders needed for the new Underground Centre in Oundle
For more information about how to get involved as a volunteer, please contact us