Underground welcomes young people aged 14-18 to become Young Leaders at our Youth Clubs and Holiday Sessions.
Young Leaders work as part of the volunteer team and their role includes:
- Helping to plan and run activities
- Being extra eyes and ears for the adult leaders
- Being a positive role model to younger users of Underground
Young Leaders are invited to take part in training sessions alongside adult volunteers (where appropriate) and have the full support of the volunteer team and Centre Manager.
Why be a Young Leader?
- Voluntary work is great for your personal statements, CV and/or job applications
- You can learn the key skills of responsibility and leadership in a safe and structured environment
- It gives you a great sense of achievement
- It helps the smooth running of Underground and you play a vital role in our organisation
- You’ll get opportunities to take part in wider community activities
If you’re interested in finding out more, please contact us!